Last year, I started really looking at Nessie Craft as a little more than a hobby. Before, it was something fun I liked to do (and still is). But now, I’m trying to really view it as a business, and something I’d like to be able to devote more time to.
Of course, being that there is a baby due any day now, and that I still do have a real day job, I’m tempering that outlook to be more reasonable. That being said, it is a goal I’m not giving up on.
I don’t really “do” new year resolutions – usually you set them and then watch as they slide right on past you. Then you feel guilty about it. Now I try to set a few goals for the new year. Goals are good. They give you a milestone to work toward, and as long as you’re trying and making progress, its okay if you can’t quite make it. You’ve still gotten farther than you were before.
So this year, I’ve made some goals for Nessie Craft.
1. Make at least 1 Junk Journal a month
2. Increase followers and engagement on my Nessie Craft social media accounts
3. Do at least 1 YouTube tutorial a month
4. Finish the fairy tale journal series I have planned
5. Launch the stickers and digital items I’ve been working on in my Etsy shop
6. Make enough sales in my Etsy shop to supplement our income and save up for a few things.
7. Learn some new skills in my arting, and be more active with it.
I’ve already started by making a bullet journal specifically for all the art/Nessie Craft items and trying to plan out some reasonable tasks for the month. I will ask that you give me a little wiggle room, since we’re down to 3 weeks until baby’s due date, and once that happens, I know there will be a period of time where all the plans go out the window until our little family figures out its new normal.
What goals do you have for the new year?